Security Operations Engineer III
Scottsdale, AZ/St. Louis Park, MN (Hybrid)
Who are we looking for?
Choice Hotels, one of the world’s largest lodging franchisors, has an exciting new opportunity as our Security Operations Engineer III in the Security Operations team. The Security Operations team monitors and defends against cybersecurity incidents. As a key member of our Security Operations Team, you are a key contributor to the incident management process and provide leadership to less experienced team members.
Are you a team player that enjoys challenges, thrives in an autonomous work setting, and desires to provide an impact to the team and the broader business organization? We invite you to apply today for our Security Operations Engineer III role today and #MakeItYourChoice.
- Monitor real-time security alerts & events
- Analyze endpoint indicators, network alerts, and log sources to identify and defend the environment from cybersecurity events
- Triage and respond to malicious activity
- Design, document, and communicate security controls to improve cybersecurity capabilities
- Mentor less experienced staff on incidents
- Recommend and communicate changes to security operation’s processes and tools
- Execute SOX/PCI/internal control test processes
- Assist leadership and architecture teams with process flows and requirements
Your Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, cyber security, computer science, engineering, or minimum of 5 years functional experience or equivalent education and work experience in cyber security, IT audit, or engineering
- Within 1 year in the position a certification in at least one: SSCP, CEH, GCIH, GCFA, GCIA, GSEC, GIAC, Security +, CISM, CISSP, or CSX-Cybersecurity Practitioner Certification
- Proficient in IT processes, controls, services, and security frameworks
- Demonstrate experience with MIITRE ATT&CK analysis
- Demonstrate experience in testing the effectiveness of controls
- Knowledgeable of cloud providers and technology
- Key competencies include
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Excellent in the use of IT Security tools
- Demonstrated leadership skills
This is an individual contributor role that will report to Security Operations Leadership. You will have five peer teammates and collaborate with cross functional departments on a regular basis.
Your Work Location
As our Security Operations Engineer III, you will be based in one of our beautiful, state-of-the-art technology hubs in Scottsdale, AZ or St. Louis Park, MN. In October 2021, Choice opened a newly constructed world class technology center in Scottsdale, AZ.
Right now, our associates in Scottsdale, AZ and St. Louis Park, MN are working in a hybrid environment, between two-four days per week in the office and working virtually the remaining days. We provide flexibility and encourage ongoing communication with your leadership to establish expectations about your unique needs.
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest lodging franchisors in the world. With nearly 7,500 hotels, representing nearly 630,000 rooms, in 46 countries and territories as of September 30, 2022, the Choice® family of hotel brands provides business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality lodging options from limited service to full-service hotels in the upper upscale, upper mid-scale, midscale, extended-stay, and economy segments. The award-winning Choice Privileges® loyalty program offers members a faster way to rewards, with personalized benefits starting on day one. For more information, visit www.choicehotels.com.
At our worldwide corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD and St. Louis Park, MN as well as our technology center in Scottsdale, AZ, and through our associates around the globe, we keep Choice hotels thriving by serving as a champion for our franchisees and providing cutting-edge technology.
About Choice Hotels Financial Performance
Total revenues reached $427.4 million for second quarter 2023, a quarterly record and a 16% increase compared to the same period of 2022. Please click here to review highlights of our results.
Ability to model Choice’s Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.